Great Pitching Leads the Tigers Past the Rivalry Hawks!

Eric Parks, Sports Reporter/Writer

The Festus Varsity Baseball team with the record of 12-5 and planning a big game against Hillsboro, the Tiger rivals, travelled to H-Town to come home with a 3-2 win making them a 13-5 record.

The Tigers went to bat on top to start the game with no runs, and ended the 1st holding the game 0-0. They approached the top of the 2nd strong and finished it with one run in, and again held their ground and stayed strong in the bottom of the 2nd to keep the Hawks from scoring! The Tigers made no runs in the top of the 3rd, and let one run slide in for the Hawks in the bottom of the 3rd, making the game 1-1. Festus didn’t let that stop the from finishing off the top of the 4th bringing in 1 point and making great pitches in the bottom of the 4th to prevent the Hawks from scoring, making it a 2-1 game with Festus in the lead. The Hawks followed the Tigers idea and came into the 5th inning preventing the Tigers from scoring and finishing off the 5th, scoring one run in, making it a tied 2-2 ball game. Both, the Tigers and the Hawks, competed strong to keep the game tied and not allowing any runs through the 6th and 7th innings, making the game go into an over-time. The Tigers come into the top of the 8th inning strong and scored one point, making it now a 3-2 game led by Festus, they continued to stay strong and prevent Hillsboro from scoring in the bottom of the 8th, making it a Tiger win to the Hillsboro Hawks.

“There isn’t much I can say besides, we beat Hillsboro, and that’s one of my all time goals!” -#3 Elijah Richeson

“It was a close game, through the entire match, but, the team with the larger number on the score board in the end is who the winner is, which was us, and that is because we kept going, it’s hard to beat a person who never gives up, and thats what we didn’t do, was give up!” -#8 Tyler Rystrom